HCPro CAH Medicare Boot Camp
Petersburg AK, April 9-11, 2019
Sponsors: Petersburg Medical Center & ASHNHA
Cost: $300 ASHNHA Members (a $1,000 value)- Earlybird Pricing, Register by March 1, 2019, space is limited
Hotel: A block of rooms are being held at Scanida House in Petersburg. Call 907-772-4281 and ask for the "ASHNHA" room block. Rooms are $130. Please reserve your room by March 1, 2019.
Schedule: Boot Camp will be three days, April 9-11, Tuesday-Thursday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Location: Petersburg, Alaska
Click here for a detailed flyer with the topics covered each day.
Medicare Boot Camp—Critical Access Hospital Version is a three-day intensive course on Medicare coverage, billing, coding, and payment for critical access hospitals. It provides the knowledge and tools to find the answers to pressing Medicare coding, billing, and reimbursement questions pertaining to this unique setting.
This one-of-a-kind, custom class will show you which rules apply to you so you can successfully process claims and get paid. It will also teach you how to prepare and respond to recovery audits by mastering the key concepts behind what the Recovery Auditors have audited so far.
The Medicare Boot Camp—Critical Access Hospital Version will give you the knowledge and confidence to:
- Find the answers to your specific Medicare questions relating to CAHs
- Understand outpatient observation and inpatient status rules and UR requirements
- Submit accurate claims to Medicare, including Part A to B rebilling
- Ensure appropriate reimbursement
- Avoid compliance pitfalls
- Identify risks for recovery audits and other government audits
Who should attend?
- Auditors and analysts
- Billing specialists
- Chargemaster coordinators and managers
- Clinical documentation improvement specialists
- Clinical managers and department heads
- Compliance officers
- Finance and reimbursement managers
- Healthcare consultants, CPAs, and lawyers
- Health plan financial analysts, claims processing, and provider relations professionals
- HIM directors and managers
- Medicare administrative contractors
- Patient access/admitting staff
- Provider-based clinical personnel
- Physician advisors
- Recovery audit coordinators
Contact Debbie Lowenthal with any questions about this training at 907-586-1790.
This meeting is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB1RH24206 Rural Hospital Flexibility Program.