Alaska Infection Control Conference 2019
October 7-8, 2019
BP Energy Center - Anchorage, Alaska
Don’t miss out! Register now for the Alaska Infection Control Conference 2019. Our in-state two day conference is a great place for you to network with your peers, mentors and experts in infection control.
Details: Our keynote speaker, Dr Jay Butler, will start our program off with the importance of infection control from a national perspective. Conference experts will review a variety of “hot topics” to address how you can meet the infection control challenges you face each and every day. This year, our conference will focus on the healthcare facility environment. Experts will review the impact of building systems (i.e. HVAC), water management plans and environmental reservoirs (i.e. ice machines) in transmitting infections. Please bring along your plant manager, engineer and/or building maintenance staff to meet our experts and their peers for the general sessions and a specialty break-out session. We provide single and two day conference rates!
Agenda: Download the draft agenda, the final agenda will be published late September.
Target Audience: Infection preventionists (IPs), engineers/plant managers/facility maintenance staff, physicians or staff responsible for infection prevention in your healthcare facility.
Cost: Registration is $150 for both days, $100 for one day with lunch provided - space is limited, register now!
Travel Support: There is travel support for one person from each small hospital. Please note this when registering and ASHNHA will send an MOA to your email. For questions email Lexie.
Hotel: Residence Inn Anchorage Midtown, $139/night, click here to reserve a room at the discounted price or call (907) 563-9844, group code "APIC Midnight Sun." Please reserve your room by September 15, 2019.
Schedule: The conference will be two full days October 7-8, with afternoon breakout sessions focused on targeted audiences.
Location: BP Energy Center - 1014 Energy Court, Anchorage, AK 99508
Reception: All attendees are invited to a social networking reception in the BP Energy Center on Monday October 7 from 5 - 7 p.m.
- HVAC in the healthcare environment
- Water management plan
- Drug diversion in health care facilities
- Prevention and treatment of UTIs
- Construction planning & implementation
- Legionella outbreaks
- Scopes problems and practices
- Process measures to drive improvement
Register Online Here
- There is no conflict of interest for any involved in the planner or presenter involved in this learning activity.
- Criteria for successful completion:
- Attend and participate in the educational session.
- Complete a continuing education (CE) verification form available from the registration desk.
- Learners should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their attendance and participation.
- AK Division of Public Health is an approved provider of continuing education with distinction by the Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact hours are awarded upon successful completion of each activity. Nurses may receive up to 13.25 hours for attending two full days of the conference.
If you have any questions about a continuing education hours, please contact Kim Spink at 907-269-8085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration questions please contact Debbie at 907-586-1790.