Quality Learning Collaborative
Postponement of ASHNHA April Learning Collaboratives - Updated 3/12/20
ASHNHA is postponing our planned learning collaboratives and in person committee meetings scheduled for April 22, 23 & 24. We aim to support facilities during this intense period of ramping up and help ‘flatten the curve’ of the COVID-19 viral threat by limiting potential exposures that could negatively affect staff, patients, facilities, and communities.
ASHNHA is sensitive to the need to conserve staff resources given the current increased workload in facilities state-wide to develop action plans and prepare for potential surge scenarios. We will continue to evaluate this dynamic situation and establish a date in the near future to reschedule these valuable events. Thank you for your hard work, coordinated efforts and swift actions to #flattenthecurve. Working together we can create a safer Alaska.
Date: Wednesday, April 22
Time: 8 am to 5 pm
Please join fellow Quality Leaders at ASHNHAs 2020 Quality Learning Collaborative for an informational resource filled day. Highlights of this years event includes:
- -Reducing Falls with Injury: Pat Quigley
- -Surgical site infection reduction: Jen Moore, Mat-Su Regional Medical Center
- -Reducing the risk of hospital acquired CDiff: Jill Blazer, Central Peninsula Hospital
- -CAH track: MBQIP quality reporting & initiating falls reduction for CAH
- -Acute care track: Ak status on AK HAC & initiating falls reduction in multi unit acute care facilities
- -High Performance Management: Patricia Wade, Providence Alaska Medical Center
Location: Crowne Plaza Anchorage Midtown - 109 W. International Airport Road
Who should attend: Quality staff, Partnership for Patients Leads, Infection Preventionists, Mentors for Quality participants
Travel Support: Travel support will be available for one person from each small rural hospital. Please let us know upon registration if you would like an MOA sent to you for travel support.
Hotel Information: Hotel rooms can be reserved at the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Midtown - call 907-433-4100 and ask for the block for "Alaska State Hospital & Nursing Home Association." You can also follow this link Alaska State Hospital. The price is $109 plus tax, last day to reserve is April 7, 2020.
Reception: All attendees are invited to a networking reception following the meeting from 5-6:30 pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
In addition to the Quality Learning Collaborative meeting on April 22, two other meetings are scheduled in Anchorage that requires separate registrations.
- -Thursday, April 23, Workplace Violence Prevention - more details and to register
- -Friday, April 24, CNO/DON/LTC Committee meeting - more details and to register
For more information regarding travel support or other questions, please call or email Debbie Lowenthal at 907-586-1790.
This meeting is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB1RH24206 Rural Hospital Flexibility Program.
|NeonCRM by Neon One|